Saturday 6 October 2012

Daddy Carbonara

Hey blog friends!
Today, I thought I'd tell you how to make my lunch.  It's called Daddy Carbonara because it is the meal that I can remember my Daddy making for us - his version of Carbonara!It is nothing like the Italian version, I'll warn you now, but in my opinion is it a LOT better.
WARNING - This recipe will make your pan messy and somewhat difficult to clean!! But it's so worth it!
So, first, you're gonna need to boil some water and pop it in a saucepan with some spaghetti.
 If you want to go all Nigella, add some salt to the water (it doesn't really make a difference, but I do it anyway)
Once the spaghetti is cooked, grate some cheese and pop it in a warm frying pan (be sure to put oil in the pan first or you'll just get a sticky burnt mess)
 Once it's melted a little pour in your spaghetti and stir until it's all stuck together and the cheese has coated the spaghetti.
 Crack an egg into your frying pan a wait a few seconds for the whites to start actually becoming white.  Once they do, rather violently mix the egg into the spaghetti until it's coating it (just like the cheese).
 Once the egg has been mixed in, it should look a little something like this....
 Pour into a bowl, add a good lot of salt - everything always tastes better when covered in salt - and enjoy :) If you want to be a little more true to the original recipe, add some bacon or ham whilst the food is in the pan.  If, like me, you have none in the house then this by itself is super yummy. 

 Now eat, clean your frying pan, keep smiling and loving that Chay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment